Monday 11 May 2009

Cowbell

Rosemary's Sundial needs a cowbell, and I won't rest until it has one.
That's the conclusion I reached while sitting through Space Beacon Earth's rehearsal tonight.
They played their four songs in gig conditions, that is to say straight through, with any minor glitches left in. There weren't many, and I played the part of 'Enthusiastic Audience' while Steve the musician and mentor prowled in front of the band clicking his fingers. I applauded after each song, moving from seat to seat to make it appear as if there was more than one person in the auditorium. I'm not sure it worked that well.
Gino warmed to the 'gig' conditions, introducing the songs and making the other three laugh, which seemed to put them at ease. Matt, James and Alex played really well together, and the finishing jam saw them more relaxed than usual.
I clapped and Steve the musician banged two pieces of metal together during Sunny Day Brain Chisel to create some rhythmic atmosphere.
But Rosemary's Sundial definitely needs a cowbell, and I might just be the man to play it...
The gig is just three weeks away now, and they're nearly ready. In July we'll be going into the studio to make a CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment