Monday 30 November 2009

Laptops and cowpats

I have spent the evening wrestling with laptops - installing anti-virus software and word processing gubbins.
Everything works now, but it took a long time.
I was staring at Younger Daughter's new Dell Inspiron for a long time, wondering why my mood was getting darker and darker.
So I changed the desktop background from some angular beatbox things in black and white to a curved pink design and immediately felt better.
I even made some chocolate chip cookies while Mrs H was studying sinews or ligaments or something, and Reg scooped up the bits I dropped.
They came out of the oven looking like very hot cowpats. Reg and I looked at each other and decided they were probably supposed to look like that.
We ate a bit each and they tasted a lot better than they looked. Mrs H ate a bit too, but she was concentrating so hard on sinews or ligaments or something that she would probably have eaten an actual cowpat if it had been put in front of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment