Tuesday 24 November 2009

Pardon?

I had forgotten how great it was to stand in a very small room with a very loud rock band going at it full pelt.
Fire For Effect rehearsed in one of those very small rooms at South Devon College tonight, comprising two former members of the lost-in-orbit Space Beacon Earth and a guitarist. There was no bass player present tonight, which was probably a good thing for my ears.
I got there straight from running - cold, wet, windblown and knackered - and felt considerably better the minute I got in through the door.
They are good, of course, proper musicians, and it won't be long before they're ready to go public. Brixham's Room Upstairs in January, probably.
And it's a good set list that I won't divulge for fearing of spoiling the show.
But when you've just done one of Alan's running sessions in a howling wind that almost brings you to a standstill, there's no substitiute for a few power chords and a drum that goes right through your solar plexus and out the other side to make you feel a whole lot better.
Trouble is, I can't hear a thing now.
Pardon?

No comments:

Post a Comment